Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Acne is breaking out all over my face

My doctor gave me clindomycin wipes but they aren't helping my acne what can I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2017
The general rule of thumb is that the earlier you start treatment, the less likely you are to have scars. There are many over-the-counter face washes and skin treatments that can help treat acne, but if you’ve used them for several weeks or more with no improvement, it’s time to see a dermatologist.
You have several options available to you when it comes to treatment. Your dermatologist can review each in detail. Depending on the severity of your acne, he’ll guide you through treatment options that are best for you and your body. There are three general options for treating acne:
1)Topical medications are often the first line of defense. Your skin doctor can recommend over-the-counter lotions or creams. A prescription topical medicine is another option. Topical treatments typically contain retinoids, antibiotics or dapsone.
2)Oral medications can be effective, especially when your acne isn’t responding to topical medications. Your choices include antibiotics to control inflammation and bacteria growth, combined oral contraceptives, an anti-androgen agent or the drug isotretinoin. Your dermatologist can explain what each does and what the risks are.
3)Other therapies may be right for you:
Light therapy
Chemical peels
Whitehead and blackhead extractions
Steroid injections
Soft tissue fillers
Dermabrasion
Laser resurfacing
Skin surgery
Acne should always be evaluated with a thorough consultation and examination by a physician for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan as it may be a symptom or sign of a serious illness or condition.
Important Reminder: This information is only intended to provide guidance, not a definitive medical advice. Please consult dermatologist about your specific condition.
|

replied May 8th, 2017
my nephew followed the advice in a digital book i downloaded onto my phone of amazon kindle called How to Beat Prickly Heat by Alison Curran and oh what a difference it made to him. He has tried all sorts of medication from the doctors which made a difference for a tiny while and then bam!!! it would come back with a vengeance, so nothing really worked. i think he was getting quite depressed about it and his confidence was definitely suffering. Now he finally has found a natural remedy that has made a huge difference, maybe you should give it a go, good luck x
|

replied July 7th, 2017
Anybody here heard about D'oxyva? They said that it is good for acne. If anyone here already knows about this item, kindly inform me. I just want this acne all over my face to disappear. Tbh, it's really disgusting. Thanks.
|

replied July 10th, 2017
Hi Gwen!

I actually heard of it "D'OXYVA" I believe one of my friend is using it to maintain her clear skin, she keeps on telling me to use it as well as I too have acne problem, she said it helps clearing our skin by improving our blood circulation. I'm actually planning to buy one as it's already been proven by my friend. BTW she's a model

Thanks!
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2017
Hey Gwen, I am a d'oxyva user although my purpose of using it isn't for skin health (but my sister is using it for her acne). On my end, I am using it just for my overall health. I read it could improve endurance especially when running. Definitely a marked improvement in my performance!!!
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied July 10th, 2017
Hi Gwen!

I actually heard of it "D'OXYVA" I believe one of my friend is using it to maintain her clear skin, she keeps on telling me to use it as well as I too have acne problem, she said it helps clearing our skin by improving our blood circulation. I'm actually planning to buy one as it's already been proven by my friend. BTW she's a model

Thanks!
|

replied July 10th, 2017
That's great to hear Roger! Thanks for the quick response. Actually I've been searching it over the internet to get some info and thanks that you also gave me assurance that it is really good to use. Do you know where and how to purchase it?
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2017
Got a lot of pimples which become an acne a year ago, I tried Aloe, Aspirin and some peeling treatments but it didn't help me. It just caused some rashes to my skin. I heard a friend of mine that she used a disposable pillow slips which I am now using also for a month and suddenly my pimples/acne becomes less. Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2019
There are different alternatives for better skin health. I use microcirculation therapy where medical grade co2 is introduced through the skin.
|
Tags: Acne
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....