User Profile
A few years ago my mom started getting these nodules under her skin on her neck. She had two surgeries to remove them which were successful. She then developed more and her primary care doctor performed a placenta matrix treatment on her. After this, her skin became extremely painful. The skin on the back of her neck and now scalp is pretty much open with nerves exposed. Sometimes there are also whiteheads within the sores. For the past couple of weeks the skin has also been draining a type of fluid that seems to burn her good skin. She has seen multiple dermatologists and has been prescribed countless antibiotics, creams, antifungals, etc. but nothing has worked and many have even made her condition worse. She has been unable to work or do many daily activities herself and I’m at the end of my rope with this. Somethings got to give. Does anyone know what this could be or have any advice on what type of doctor she should see next?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2018
(online)
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A64701
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. It needs further clinical correlation, like what was the need for a procedure which is still under scrutiny and needs FDA approval, for being used as regenerative process for a nodule. Etiology of nodule, nature of the lesion and many other detailed clinical correlations would decide. Only your dermatologist can satisfy your answers as this forum has limited resources to answer with limited info provided. These bumps recurrent need to be evaluated for staph infections common in cut skin. Now whats causing the delay and why was this placental matrix tried is a longer discussion, you need to have with your dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.