User Profile
I have some kind of black pores (i think, a fungal growth) near below my eye. I remember wearing a friend's goggle some months back and then it just grew and I ignored it think it will go by washing my face. The black pores or blackheads are located in the region (malar process of maxilla - googled the face region), where the goggle is supported by the nose. It is not growing but fixed to that region near the nose for almost 6 to 7 months now. I would have added a photo here, but there is no option to add one. Can you provide me a home remedy or ointment that can treat the region. I don't want to perform any surgical near my nose to remove it.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2018
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A64665
Welcome to e health forum.

Blackheads are small bumps that appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. These bumps are called blackheads because the surface looks dark or black. Blackheads are a mild type of acne that usually form on the face, but they can also appear on the back as well.

Blackheads appear most often in the “T-Zone” of the face (forehead, nose, and chin) but may also appear on the back, chest, arms and shoulders. They can occur wherever there is a great density of hair follicles and their attached oil glands.

Topical products that include salicylic acid to clean out pores and benzoyl peroxide to kill the bacteria that causes acne (the p. acnes bacteria) are the most common blackhead treatments. Blackheads should never be removed by picking, squeezing or popping because it will cause inflammation and potential scarring. Some people mistake blackheads for trapped dirt and try to remove them by scrubbing but this can make the condition worse.

Most people can get rid of blackheads with topical products that contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Acne, Skin Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.