User Profile
I have a skin rash on both of my hands that developed yesterday rather quickly. I have images that I can send of the hands. My hands felt very dry yesterday especially since I have Palmer Hyper Hydrosis. I also am experiencing pain and weakness in both my hands. I own a cat and was scratched on both hands recently, I also am a powerlifter and workout in a commercial gym very regularly. Both hands especially around the knuckles on the hands feel weak, stiff, and hurt.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2018
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A63887
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Dry the areas involving the cat scratch. Apply pyodine solution and local antibiotic. Antibiotics, tetanus booster and even rabies shots may be required based on the vaccination status of your animal and nature of the wound. Try to avoid any further contact with your cat especially because the cat may end up licking the wounds. You should meet your GP as soon as possible.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Acne, Skin Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.