Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Acne and Skin disorders and masterbation

Hello, I am Hamza, 19 years old. I have acne on my skin and small pores/holes on the cheek area which make the skin look old and bad. I wanted to know if masterbation causes acne, because I have noticed, when there is a period of weeks when i do not masterbate, my acne starts curing on its own and ne ones do not come. But if I masterbate, theres a new one the very next day. Can someone please help me out on this so i can avoid it completely. And also, what should I do for the scars/pores/holes on my cheek areas in order to cure them, because that doesn't seem to heal no matter what i do. I've been putting tomatoes on my skin and that has helped me skin glow a lot, but these pores/holes/scars do not fill up. Kindly help me.

Regards,
Hamza
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2014
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Mastubation does not cause flare up of acne. Several factors are usually considered to cause acne such as diet, stress, genetic, hormonal imbalances, cosmetics, work-related and drugs.

Just keep you face clean by washing with a mild soap atleast twice a day.Pat it dry and do not rub it.Avoid picking or pressing the acne.You can also use Benzoyl peroxide 5% lotion or gel once at bedtime but use it only under a dermatologist's guidance because it has potential side effects.

Other treatment methods include topical and oral antibiotics, topical retinoids, hormonal therapy, dermabrasion , phototherapy and laser resurfacing. Normally a combination of treatments is followed and if nothing proves effective then dermabrasion and laser therapy are useful.

Large pores can be easily dealt with proper cleansing and frequent toning and moisturizing of the skin. Other treatments to consider include microdermabrasion, skin resurfacing lasers and chemical skin peels.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.