Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Acne and its treatment

User Profile
i have acne spots on my face , how can i remove it , i mean please tell me the medicines for this now a days i am using capsules of bitamin B-Complex named "ELDERVIT", i am taking it from last 2 monts , is this harmful for heavydose, i used 1 for a day, do i need to increase this dose,

Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2008
Vitamins Answer A3955
Acne happens more often, and with greater severity, in men than women. Vitamins are good for your body in general but won’t help you treat the acne. Easier forms of acne (acne comedonicus and acne vulgaris) can be treated only with local therapy which includes:
1. Antibacterial soap or detergent for cleaning the face;
2. Phototherapy (sun exposure is useful);
3. Benzoyl peroxide (3-10% solution);
4. Gel adapalene;
5. Creams tat contain retinoic acid;
6. Local antibiotics (klindamycin solution).

More severe forms of acne (acne cystica, acne conglobata and acne fulminans) also require systemic therapy:
1. Antibiotics (klindamycin, tetracycline, erythromycin);
2. Hormonal therapy (in women);
3. Surgical incision, and
4. Isotretinoin.

You may want to consult a dermatologist about therapy options in your case.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vitamins , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.