User Profile
I had surgery in Nov 5 months ago for acid reflux and hiatus hernia. I still get acid feeling in throat at
night. I’m not taking any medicines right now. I basically eat most foods. I don’t have indigestion rarely just the acid taste. I’m worried about my throat. I went back to my gastroenterologist and he said he would just put me back on medicine. I don’t feel like they healed the problem. He said we could do the test again. Those were the most horrible test I have ever done so my answer for that is no. Why do the test again? They already know that I have Gerd. I’ve lost 15 lbs. just need an answer as what to take.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2019
Acid Reflux Answer A64953
Hello.
Welcome to this forum.
As per your version, you are only having some acid taste now and you are thinking the surgery was not adequate? Had you expected a 100% reversal? Is that practically possible? And if you want to know how is the result of the surgery,the doctor has no other alternative except going for a repeat endoscopy to prove it. I suggest you to take anti acid reflux medications regularly.
Hope I can address your query. Please visit your doctor if there is any further confusion as without a clinical examination it is not possible to opine through an online medical forum.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.