User Profile
k before I go into my story and question. Let say that I was completely fine the night before. No problems what so ever. Was able to get off my reflux meds and everything. Ok here goes. Back in October my lymph Nodes swelled up and like an idiot I got 875 mg of amoxicillin twice a day. During this time I was under a lot of stress. The night this all happened I was sitting in my chair watching tv I started getting this tingling sensation. It went from one end of my mouth to the other, down my throat, and it hit my stomach where my esophagus ends. I had what felt like a warm kind of hot sensation. I got real sick to my stomach, so I went to bed. There was no burning in my throat or anything. Got into bed layed on my side until my stomach eased up. I rolled over on my back, and fell asleep. Well 5 minutes later I jerked myself awake, when I jerked I moved my upper body forward like your doing a sit up. Just about half way. When I moved forward I felt a sharp pain right under my breastbone where I had the warm sensation. To me it felt like I pulled something because it was tender when I touched it. So I rolled over on my left side. Well 3 seconds later I felt this intense heat in the back of my throat. Then my mouth started burning. So I went to get up to go to the bathroom, and every time I tried to take a step something would pull where I felt the sharp pain. I also had pain in the center of my chest. It went all the way to my throat. I made my way to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, and my whole mouth even my tongue was red, and my mouth and tongue felt like they were on fire. They were burning so bad. I went with my brother that night to go shopping, and could barely stand the seat belt on my chest. The pressure was so bad. Fast forward to now the burning has stopped, but the back of my throat stays red all the time. I’m still having a little tenderness in the area where the sharp pain was, but I’m able to walk with out anything pulling. My question is out of all this. What did I do. Did I pull a muscle or what. What caused the burning? Is there anyway to fix this. Did the antibiotic have a hand in this. When I was taking it. I did notice at times my reflux was acting up a little different. I would get the burning in the throat at times and it would be more intense, different than the normal burning, but it would go away. I had a EGD, CT, Ultrasound, X-ray all were normal. Another question to. Could all the stress cause my stomach to move upward? I’ve been burping a lot more than normal, and I feel tight under my rib cage. Any help would be appreciated. I’ve been going over in my head to try and figure out what went wrong. To the point I’m driving myself crazy I just want all this to go away. But did I pull a muscle or what?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2019
(online)
Acid Reflux Answer A64740
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with dyspepsia.
Take antacids and proton pump inhibitors to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.