User Profile
Hello my name is Andy, I have question I need to ask. Ok back in October I was on a high dose of antibiotics 875 mg of amoxicillin. I also have acid reflux. But never had a problem with it. The night all this occurred I was under a lot of stress to the point I had a warm sensation in my upper abdominal area, and it made me sick so I went to bed. I was laying on my left side till it eased up enough so that I could lay on my back. So eventually I rolled over on my back. I dozed off again, and for some reason I jerked. When I did I moved my upper body forward just a little like when your doing crunches. Something pulled or move right under my Breast bone. It felt like I had pulled a muscle. It was tender to the touch. So I rolled over on my right side. Well about maybe 3 minutes later my mouth started burning. Got up the next morning and I had trouble walking. I had pressure in my chest that went to my throat. I had a EGD in November CT in Dec all were normal. Did this cause a hiatal H

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2019
Acid Reflux Answer A64738
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
No,this doesn't lead to hiatus hernia but hiatus hernia can present with these symptoms. Your symptoms are consistent with increase acidity in stomach .I would suggest you to take antacids and proton pump inhibitors to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.