Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Acid Reflux/ Premature ventricular contraction after eating

User Profile
I have had a history of mild acid reflux which I have managed with diet. I started having Premature ventricular contraction after eating and very early in the morning early this year which was diagnosed as mild esophagitis in February. I have gone through extensive tests related to heart and have no issues. I had been on omeprazole 40 mg(morning) and then 20 mg(morning) and 20mg(night). This did not relieve my symptoms and made it worst. I switched to Dexilant 60mg(morning) in April. It helped initially but the PVCs are back with occasional stomach ache.
The PVCs are stronger at very early hours of the day. I have had my bed raised about 8 inches which still does not help.
I have reduced my diet portions and been avoiding the food with will aggravate acid reflux.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2012
Acid Reflux Answer A36150
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

It sounds like you have some type of tachycardia or rapid rhythm. Is there anything you are doing which could raise the rate such as smoking or drinking caffeine or any energy drinks? If not we could consider anxiety as a potential factor. In the absence of anxiety we should talk about rhythm disturbance as you have explained that all the tests related to heart have been normal.

Certain things may contribute to a rhythm disturbance including dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities.The simple measures that are likely to help you for reflux are-

1.Certain foods, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness.
2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms.
3.You should drink plenty of water, and avoid soda, which may cause gas and abdominal discomfort.

Nexium is a new drug which has been quite effective in reflux cases.Consider discussing with your Physician regarding its use.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.