Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Acid Reflux and bowels are pale yellow, pale green, orange..

User Profile
I had acl surgery 8 weeks ago. Between the meds and not eating right, I burned my voice box and esophagus about 3 weeks ago. They put me on nexium 20 mg twice a day and antacids all day. I have changed my eating and drinking habits. Have had a lump sensation in my lower throat like someone is pressing into my windpipe for couple of weeks. I have absolutely and had no acid indigestion like most people. I am still rehabing for my acl surgery and 4 more weeks to go. I can't talk for very long until my voice gets tired (feels like someone frogged my throat at this point). I rarely belch. My concern is this, my bowels are pale yellow, pale green, orange, etc. My stomach is swelled and pertruding thru my belly. Stays hard 24/7. Could there be something else going on. I do clear my throat alot, not so much since I have been on nexium. It hurts to stretch my neck upwards, in my lower throat. When I turn my head to left I feel the puncture, but when I move to the right it is not felt

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2012
Acid Reflux Answer A39844
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

The symptoms described by you as lump in throat and change in stool could be suggestive of GERD symptoms or reflux esophagitis. Endoscopy / Colonoscopy is the best investigation for exact diagnosis. Along with that Stool test and USG scan can also be done to rule out enlarged liver, gall bladder inflammation etc.

Other possibilities could be irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, crohns disease, malabsorption syndromes, pancreatic diseases, diabetes, hyperthyroidism etc.
You require a detailed clinical examination for precise diagnosis so that required treatment can be started accordingly. Kindly visit a Gastroenterologist for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.