I read that Acid Reflex can be caused by Pancreatic Cancer. I would like to know if this is true or false.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper socialwork19
|

replied June 13th, 2009
pancreatic cancer and acid reflux
my father had acid reflux off and on his whole life, but nothing a few Tums wouldnt handle. Then in 1997 he got it so bad he couldnt sleep for weeks. The doctors kept giving him antacids, to no avail, and finally they decided his gallbladder was to blame. They performed surgery and found the GB was fine - but his pancreas had three tumors. He died less than a year later in a Whipple surgey (removal of most or all of pancreas)

So i think, yes, severe acid reflux can be a sign of cancer - pancreatic, and maybe other forms (liver, stomach, etc)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....