Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Achilles Tendonitis for 6 months

Hello, I am 16 years old and I believe I have Achilles Tendonitis in both of my feet. I hurt my left Achilles 6 months ago playing basketball and I hurt my right Achilles 2 months ago. Every time I work when im on my feet for 4-7 hours, I always feel a painful stretch in my left Achilles that I injured 6 months ago. I have more pain on my right foot (2 months ago injured) than my left (6 months), but I feel like my right Achilles is stronger than my left. Is my left foot in danger of permanent damage? Tendonosis? I'm very worried if I will ever be able to walk with no pain ever again forget about playing basketball again. Please someone give me hope or something that will keep me going. Also I sprained both of my ankles 8 months ago. One of them has healed but one has instability so I wonder if more ankle pt might help? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It seems mild inflammation. Pain killer like advil will be sufficient. If problem persists then consult rheumatologist for DMRDs therapy.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|

replied June 30th, 2019
Thanks for getting back to me Dr. Khan! Do you think anyone has the potential to getting back to playing sports such as basketball or soccer without pain after Achilles tendonitis in both legs?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.