User Profile
I'm in a strange position, I know what the problem is, what treatment is but I'm unable to get the treatment. I've been injured for the better part of 4 years and military medicine has all but refused to get me the help I need and when they finally did it was too close to the end of my contract so I'm left suffering. They recommended shockwave therapy and if that failed surgery. My achilles tendon is calcified at the heel bone, randomly and periodically it causes intense pain and I'm unable to walk, this will last for weeks on end. I cannot have my foot bent at 90°, walking is near impossible. I take acetaminophen and aleve. I try to rest it as much as possible but I cannot just lay around all day. Is there anything else that I can do at all to get some kind of relief?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2018
Foot Disorders Answer A63566
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
As your pain is not responding to acetaminophen and aleve,I would suggest you to have intratendinous steriod injection before going for shockwave therapy or surgery.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Foot Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.