Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

aches in feet, elbows. back, legs and sharp pain in top of leg

im 49 female,feels like my joints everywhere ache, irregular periods,back ache and pain in the top of my leg/groin like a shooting pain when i walk and stops me in my tracks very painful
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
wend07,

You could have a couple of things going on. You may be going into menopause, with the irregular periods. Going through the change often makes women feel sluggish and achey.

The sharp pain in the hip and groin region may be that you are developing osteoarthritis in the hip joint.

But, before just attributing everything to the change and some arthritis, you should probably get a check up from your physician. To check for things like diabetes, anemia, or thyroid problems.

Your physician can also get some x-rays of the hip/pelvis to check for osteoarthritis, besides doing a thorough hip exam.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...