Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

abusive relationships & borderline personality

hi, recently i was diaognosed with traits of borderline personaltiy disorder. according to my therapist i dont have it that bad fortenatly, but its bad enough to wreck my relationship with someone i love so much. Every relationship iv had, iv had emotional problems, ie, insecure, starting arguments over little things, which started symptoms of anxiety. i was in my relationship for a few months before the old behaviours started to rear their ugly head, and my partner wondered what the hell was going on. He has been very supportive, and recommended i go to a doctor for tests to see what is going on with me. I had anxiety, but after a referal to a therapist i was diaognosed with personality traits, one being a fear of abandonment. for two years my partner has put up with a lot, and on more than several occasions has packed his bags and left me, without discussing anything face to face for fear of my anger. This is such a sad state of affairs, i know he loves me alot, becasue hes stuck by me through thick and thin, but hes made himself ill now with everything and is now seeing a pyschologist himself. I am improving with my therapy, but the last time my partner left me, he packed my clothes up and sent them to my parents leaving me a email, then when he started to miss me hed ask me back again and so it goes on like this. it hurts so much, i know that people reading this will say, oh forget it, forget him, but id like constructive answers where people can see both sides of the story really. He has since moved out again, and said that that is it that he cant live with me, and i again find myself with a ultimatum to get out of the house which is very hurtful. I havent got nasty with him becasue of it, im working through it, to try and see his point of view more clearly rather than living in each others pockets and not being able to see the wood for the trees. The good thing is im not in denial about my illness, as i know some people are who suffer with bpd. Has anyone got any good advice they could give me? id really like to save this relationship. Hes a good man, maybe not very strong, but hes not a bad person.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper carrie38
|

replied August 1st, 2012
Me too word for word your not alone tried lithium? try theraputic marjauina
|

replied August 1st, 2012
Me too word for word your not alone tried lithium? try theraputic marjauina
|