Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Abusive Husband -only when I challenge him does he act up.

My husband is emotionally abusive towards me. He gets very angry and throws things towards me or grab things in an attempt too. He likes to be in control all the time, only when I challenge him does he act up. I am very strong minded so its very difficult for me to not oppose him. Last week he got drunk and verbally abused me in front his family and my friends. I am so fed up. I put him out. Now he is wants to go couples counselling. He made an appointment. I am so distressed. I don't know what to do. I don't know if he will change. I love him. Can someone give some advise.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 7th, 2014
Experienced User
the say says " one strong one is lose. it means not both of you should be in always tension! you need to show him love and care. and ask him what bothers him. try to do what he says for a while " this does not mean you are weak or something!" just it means you need to calm the boiling water, your husband feels he is weak inside like infront of his colleagues... so he tries to show he is strong infront of you or his family. after you try to calm down and set with him, talk to him kindly, explaining to him that you love him, and his anger does not make you feel angry! it just makes you feel sad because you like to see love from him. everytime he tries to do the same just keep silence and put your eye in his eyes and face to face. and hug him. he will stop being bad.
good luck my friend
|
Did you find this post helpful?