Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Abusive Husband, I'm a stay-at-home Mom of 10 years. Help.

I've been with my husband 12 years. We have 4 beautiful children. I became a stay-at-home parent 10 years ago when my first child was born. The first few months we were together was all kittens and white roses, literally and the second I became pregnant it was all down hill from there. It started with name calling, then pushing, then slapping and now it's broken wrists, choking and threats. He said he'd throw me off our 2 story balcony. I want to call the police, but I have no phone, I'm not allowed to use the car, except to run errands with the kids and every time I try to sneak out to get a job he catches me and stops me. My wrist finally healed, but it healed wrong 'cause he wouldn't let me get a cast because we don't have insurance. My back hurts from him throwing me against walls and kicking me when I'm on the ground. I don't know how to get away with my 4 kids without a job or money or a car. I don't have any family that can help or who care to. I feel so unbelievably stuck. I live in Las Vegas. I've tried to google programs here, but he checks everything on the computer and it just makes him angry. He says it isn't abuse if I haven't shown anyone and can't prove it when it counts. He says that I "make him do it" that I deserve it and if I try and defend myelf he says that I'm abusing him and he'll have me arrested and take my kids away. His family has a lot of money and they already don't like me. They don't know he's abusive and wouldn't believe it even if I showed up bleeding, which has happened. I am totally trapped. I can't imagine going to a shelter with my kids, but I really don't know what other option I have. Please help with any advice. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2012
Can you get to any kind of camera? the next time he lays a hand on you or i you hae current brusises or problems take a picture!
secondly dont worry about looking up programs or housing. do you hae a neighbor that you feel you can trust? if so get to them while your husband is at work and tell them what has been going on chances are they already know and finally use their computer and bolt for the door dont worry about your things you and your kids are worth more than items and remember you hae proof from past injuries on your own body and this website seeking help. i dont know how far those things will take you when it couns but programs shelters will help you. this is my ear here i am a stay at home mother as well and since moing in with my husband and haing my young chid he too has progressed to physical attacks and y fear is it never getting better and being in a place with no education or work experience becuasse i wanted to be a good mother and wife and lie an american dream. God bless you and i hope it all works out for you
|
Did you find this post helpful?