Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Abscess in fistula open wound

I had an internal and external hemorrhoid last yr. Internal hemorhoid is removed by banding and external one is by surgery. May be at internal hemorhoid a hole is formed and it got infected and a track is formed upto external hemorrhoid stitch. So a month ago, internal anal wall where hole is formed is stitched and from the external hemorhoid stitch to that hole incision was made so that pus/abscess will drain and new flesh will form where incision is made.

Its been a month since the fistula surgery is done. I am still getting pus from that incision. Couple of times I bleeded from the stitch in 1st week after the surgery. I went to couple of surgeons after surgery, they say its okay. But I don't think its okay to drain pus after a month. I rinse that incision 3 times a day and keep that area clean. Any thoughts or suggestions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Hi Emy123 and welcome to ehealth: Have you tried sitting in a bathtub with very warm water and raise that area of your anus open so that hot water goes inside to both cleanse it and massage it....This can help...Take care....

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?