Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

abscess, cyst and or herpes. should i do hot compression?

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
User Profile
I did shaving November of last year and realized that i had cut of the skin of my vagina ( on the lips). I did some research as to home treatment which ended well. Recently i was shaving and i happened to have peeled of the skin from the previous sore, it was quite painful. Last week I realized that an abscess like was growing above the previous sore, with pus. I also did some research where the results came out to be : lumps, abscess, cyst and or herpes. I got carried away by herpes because i haven't had sex in more than 9 months. I am currently doing hot compression and slightly it seems to appear worse/ if it's procedure. I am really concerned about this. Help me please. I look forward to your response.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A30731
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Avoid further self manipulation and self treatment if the underlying cause for your symptoms is unknown. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the symptoms that you describe without examining you. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further examination and get started on appropriate treatment (based on examination findings and investigation results). If the diagnosis is for infected cyst or abscess, then it might need to be drained surgically under antibiotic cover to help with proper healing. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.