Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

about my partners moods and medications

User Profile
This is a general question about my partners moods and medication.
My partner has bipolar and scitsophrenia (scizoaffective bipolar disorder) he is on a monthly antipsychotic injection and takes antidepressants. if he misses an anti depressant or it starts to wear off he becomes angry and aggitated. so he then takes his antidepressant to calm down. would be be better taking a mood stabiliser?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2011
Bipolar Disorder Answer A23549
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

It is very difficult to comment regarding his state without examining him and knowing the current medications he has been taking as any psychiatric patient needs a careful and thorough evaluation before being prescribed any medications.
Since he has bipolar mood swings are very common in it and you have to learn to deal with it.Calm him down and make him relaxed.He should feel comfortable and should confide everything to you.Since you are very close to him understand that he can behave like this.Ask him to reduce smoking and alcohol.
Consider visiting his treating Physician for examination.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.