User Profile
My left kidney is small and works 5% by birth, The left kidney position is changed, I mean place is changed.. And another Right kidney is also abnormal It works 100%. So provide be the best way to cure it, And provide me knowledge

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2011
Kidney Conditions Answer A18862
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

From the history provided, it seems that you have left sided Renal hypoplasia (Congenitally small kidneys with a reduced number of nephrons but normal architecture).

Unilateral renal hypoplasia usually is asymptomatic and does not cause any major symptoms. Since tests have revealed that the left kidney function is around 5%, and the right kidney has taken over the function. No treatment is necessary; There is nothing abnormal with the right kidney working its full potential. Compensatory hypertrophy of the right kidney will maintain normal renal function.

The kidney is a remarkable organ, that has a large reserve to accommodate the loss of function of a part or whole of the kidney. The rest of the kidneys can continue to function normally for more than 20 years. The prolonged increased workload does not interfere with normal development and maturation.

You might consider consulting your physician or a urologist for further advice and additional information or reassurance.

I hope this information here is helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.