Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Abortion 4 weeks ago... pregnant again?

I had a surgical (vacuum aspiration) abortion on August 17th. Everything seemed normal, and I pretty much stopped bleeding 2 weeks after. Everything seemed to be going fine, until about 4 days ago. Me and my boyfriend had sex 2 weeks after the procedure, and have had sex a couple more times over the last two weeks. All of it was unprotected. Stupid I know, but anyways.. about 4 days ago I started bleeding again, and it was a brownish color which i figured is normal. But 2 days ago I started bleeding BRIGHT red, and its been happening off and on. I took a pregnancy test last week for my check up appointment, and it came back positive. They told me to try again today (Tuesday) and its still coming back positive. I have an appointment with the clinic of Friday to find out whats wrong, but is it possible that im pregnant again, even with all this bleeding? or is it still the hormones?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi jlka1019,

It is very possible that you are pregnant again. Whenever, you and your b/f have unprotected sex you, always up your chances of becoming parents. The only way not to become parents is to not do what parents sexually do. Since you obviously don't want a baby, why don't both of you get fixed? Vacuum aspiraion shouldn't be used as a form of birth control. There are sooooo many other choices, each of you check with your doctor to see which is best for you.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...