I’m 16 and had an abortion about a month ago I started to hemmorage after the abortion and lost a lot of blood. Im still bleeding quite lightly but it’s painful and I’m passing blood clots but haven’t had a check up is this normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2018
Extremely eHealthy
If this abortion was done in a clinic you can call and share your concerns. In fact, the clinic should have called you a couple of times to make sure everything was OK. A post op check up at a doctor of your choice is usually recommended.

Otherwise, bleeding and even clots for one to three weeks is not a cause for alarm. If you go another couple of weeks still losing blood, a check up would be smart. Replacing the lost iron with diet or pills is also advised.

Why not post your question in the Doctor Question section where you will get a more informed reply.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...