Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Choice Forum

Abortion options. Which is better and why?

So i found out a few weeks ago that I'm pregnant. I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant. I have so much going on in my life. I have a high functioning 4 year old (almost 5). I have DCF in my life (I'm not a bad parent, just someone being very spitful). I'm between houses. I'm not with the father of the baby, nor does he even want to have this baby (and honestly, I don't want to either, mostly because the timing is completely wrong). Also I'm extremely sick too.
I've already scheduled my appointment. I just don't know what option would be the best for me (since I want to go back to work ASAP).
Is a medical/surgical abortion or the abortion pill better? Please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Every abortion option has it's some definite benefit and disadvantages.Your doctor will counsel you about them and then it will be easier to choose any of them.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|

replied September 15th, 2017
Extremely eHealthy
Posts in this forum about medical v. surgical make it clear that surgical is quick and clean, while medical takes days and cramps may be severe. For some there are lingering doubts about the success of medical. The advantage of medical is the comfort of privacy and feeling more in control.
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abortion Pro Choice , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.