Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Abortion opinions. (Page 1)

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 10th, 2011
Note: This forum must not censor people's honest opinion on the topic at hand. Any further censoring will be taken up directly with eHealth.

Here is my opinion again on this matter.

Abortion is never a good choice because it hurts the woman psychologically as well as physically. Of all the women I know who've had abortions they are psychological wrecks, and it doesn't get better with time until they come to terms with the fact of what an abortion is.

Do realize that if you have had an abortion, the way to find peace is to seek forgiveness for yourself. Obviously if you are feeling guilt it is because you think you've done something wrong. Women who regret their abortions come to realize that ending the life of another human being is a choice that can never be reversed. Since nobody has the right to take away the experience of life away from a unique human being, a person's conscience becomes troubled when the realization of having done that sets in.

Geneticists have proven that human life begins at conception, when a mother and father's chromosomes unite to form a new and unique human being.

Before conception, an egg or sperm has only 23 single chromosomes. When the two unite at conception, the chromosomes combine to give the new cell the proper number of 46 chromosomes which make up a human being.

If you want to listen to the story of a young woman who survived an abortion and actually met her mother years later watch Part 1 and 2 of the the YouTube video titled Gianna Jessen in Australia.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Gab1000 for this post: juillet 

replied July 1st, 2011
abortion
well it could be a good thing for the mother what if she would not be able to care for thr vvhild , what would u want her to do
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2012
If the woman couldn't care for the child then:
A- she shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place. I know there's rape, but if that's the case then move onto the next point...
B- ADOPTION. It's not the baby's fault that he/she was conceived in the first place. Don't punish him/her for something that was not his/her fault.
|
Users who thank Sonny728 for this post: juillet 

replied July 5th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
I had an abortion 23 years ago and have no negative physical or psychological affects from it. It was the best decision for my circumstances and I have no regrets.
|

replied August 13th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Sonny728 wrote:
If the woman couldn't care for the child then:
A- she shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place. I know there's rape, but if that's the case then move onto the next point...

How exactly should women just not get pregnant? Abstinence isn't realistic (what about those who do not want children - should they not be able to enjoy a sexual relationship?), contraception fails. Not as simplistic as simply not getting pregnant

Sonny728 wrote:
B- ADOPTION. It's not the baby's fault that he/she was conceived in the first place. Don't punish him/her for something that was not his/her fault.

Fault is not a concept that can be applied to a non-sentient being. If women want to continue a pregnancy with a view to putting it up for adoption - their choice. If they don't wish to gestate then same thing applies - their choice.
|

replied September 16th, 2012
Experienced User
a child is not a choice its a human being! adoption is a better option if the child is not wanted! but dont kill it to make yourself feel better its inhumane!
|

Experienced User
abortion should not be a option! or any options its a child not a choice
|

Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
a child is not a choice its a human being! adoption is a better option if the child is not wanted! but dont kill it to make yourself feel better its inhumane!

It's a medical procedure. If the woman doesn't feel as you do, and is happy with the choice to terminate the pregnancy, then it certainly is a choice. It isn't always responsible to bring a child into the world.

Pregnancy is tough and physically demanding. If a woman isn't prepared to go through that to give the baby away for adoption then she can make the choice to abort. You don't agree, fine. It's really only the woman involved who needs to agree to the choice.
|

Experienced User
your are certainly very clouded in your views you really cant see that a baby in the womb is a human with a heartbeat! only god knows what you can and cant cope with put your trust in him!! have faith!! only he knows the truth! are bodies are created for the purpose of pregnancy sex is for procreation! you dont need to tell me about pregnancy Ive had 4 live births and 1 miscarriage yes its tough! but its what were made for, trust in god!
|

replied September 17th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
your are certainly very clouded in your views you really cant see that a baby in the womb is a human with a heartbeat!

#1 - I know the the products of conception are human.

#2 - I know that most embryos/foetuses have a heartbeat when terminated.

clbernadetteh wrote:
are bodies are created for the purpose of pregnancy sex is for procreation! you dont need to tell me about pregnancy Ive had 4 live births and 1 miscarriage yes its tough! but its what were made for, trust in god!

OUR bodies are not simply for procreation. If you think so, great, have as many offspring as you want. Just because you had four pregnancies that resulted in birth does not mean that you have the authority to tell other women they should gestate because 'our bodies are made for it'. I've been pregnant, given birth, I wouldn't want women to do that unless they are prepared for it and decide continuing a pregnancy is in the best interests of them. I'm guessing most women will continue pregnancies, it doesn't mean others shouldn't because our bodies are designed to give birth.
|
Users who thank Moo for this post: msrosie 

replied September 17th, 2012
Experienced User
hmmmmmmmmmm i respect you but i dont agree,sorry
|

replied September 18th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
your are certainly very clouded in your views you really cant see that a baby in the womb is a human with a heartbeat! only god knows what you can and cant cope with put your trust in him!! have faith!! only he knows the truth! are bodies are created for the purpose of pregnancy sex is for procreation! you dont need to tell me about pregnancy Ive had 4 live births and 1 miscarriage yes its tough! but its what were made for, trust in god!

I don't believe in your imaginary sky-friend, so that opinion carries about as much weight as fairy-dust for me.

Sex is for fun and love and orgasms. I know, I have had quite a bit of it and none of it was for the purpose of procreation. My body was not created for pregnancy, thanks very much.

You go ahead and have sex just for conceiving your next addition to global overpopulation, if that's what floats your boat.
|

clbernadetteh wrote:

How would you like it if the govt regulated how many children you could have and you weren't allowed to have your last two? I'm guessing you wouldn't like it very much. Now, put yourself in the shoes of the person who doesn't want to be a parent but you are telling her she must because, for whatever the reason, she is pregnant and doesn't want to be and she does not believe in adoption/cannot give up a child for adoption. That person would feel the same way about being told she must give birth as you would be if you were told you weren't allowed to give birth.
|
Users who thank msrosie for this post: Moo 

Experienced User
have faith!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Think for yourself and don't rely on imaginary sky-friends to tell you what to do!
|

replied September 20th, 2012
Experienced User
OH i do think for myself thanks, but God guides me everyday!, imaginary!, how do you think we got here!!! monkeys??! the big bang!!??!! pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase one day you will see the truth!!
|

replied September 21st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
OH i do think for myself thanks, but God guides me everyday!, imaginary!, how do you think we got here!!! monkeys??! the big bang!!??!! pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase one day you will see the truth!!

Your truth does not mean it is so for everyone. If you believe in God, good for you. If others don't, good for them. please don't be so patronising to assume that you hold the knowledge to the definitive truth.
|

replied September 21st, 2012
Experienced User
but its okay for you tell me i worship imaginary people in the sky! takes one to know one my dear,if you dont believe then fine but if you do you would understand my views!
|

replied September 22nd, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
if you dont believe then fine but if you do you would understand my views!

I go to church, I understand your views. I just happen to (strongly) disagree with them. It is possible for people to believe in God and abortion.
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
Experienced User
im not a meanie by the way,despite how text is written, people can often take it the wrong way,you can believe yes,but if you truly loved and trusted Him you would know that He does not condone abortion and He never will..which is why why have the commandment "you shall not kill" He also said "i knew your before i even met you" its a good read(maybe you have already seen it)

this is very interesting to

Gen. 25:21,22 In Genesis 25:21,22, Rebekah conceived twins, and "the children struggled together within her." That which was conceived was called a "child" between the conception and the birth.
The Hebrew word used here (BEN) is the most common Old Testament word for a child or son. When used for the physical offspring of humans, it consistently refers to distinct human individuals (see Gen. 25:1-4; 3:16; etc.). Job 3:3
On the very night of Job's conception it could have been said, "There is a man-child conceived." The word for "man-child" (Heb. GEBER) elsewhere means "man," i.e., a human individual (see Job 3:23; 4:17; 10:5; Psalms 127:5; 128:4; etc.).
Job 3:16 Babies that die before birth are called "infants" that never saw light. This is exactly like babies that are aborted. This word (Heb. OLEL) always and without exception refers to human individuals (cf. Hosea 13:16; Psalm 8:2; Joel 2:16).
Numbers 12:12; Luke 1:43 In Numbers 12:12, Moses describes "one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb." If a baby dies before it is born -- as in an abortion -- the woman who conceived it is still a "mother."
In Luke 1:43, Elizabeth addressed Mary as "the mother of my Lord" before Jesus was born.
The word "mother" (Heb. EM; Greek METER), in contexts referring to physical human reproduction, always refers to one who has procreated or formed another human individual, a separate and distinct individual from the mother herself (see Num. 6:7; Gen. 3:20; Luke 1:60). A woman who has conceived, even if the child is not yet born and even if it dies before birth, is a "mother."
Luke 1:41,44 Elizabeth conceived (v. 24), and the life "in her womb" is called a "babe" or "baby" (Greek BREPHOS). This is the second-most-common New Testament word for a baby. It is always used for that which is a human individual separate and distinct from its mother (see Luke 2:12,16; Acts 7:19.)
Luke 1:36 Again, the life conceived in Elizabeth's womb, before it was born, is called "a son." The word "son" (Greek HUIOS), in contexts that refer to the physical offspring of humans, always refers to that which is a human individual separate and distinct as an individual from its parents. It is the most common New Testament word for a "son" (see Matt. 1:21,23,25; Luke 1:13,31; 2:7; etc.)
|

There is nowhere in the Bible - I repeat, NOWHERE - forbidding a woman from terminating her own pregnancy.
|
Users who thank msrosie for this post: Moo 

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
if you truly loved and trusted Him you would know that He does not condone abortion and He never will.

You do not know anything of my beliefs or trust in faith. If you believe God does not condone abortion, and want to live your life accordingly, then that is fine. Others can believe in God and abortion and quoting the bible will not change that. So priests who are pro-choice do not truly love and trust God?

I'm not here to debate religion, however. If you believe God will smite anyone who is for abortion/has an abortion and doesn't regret it that is your choice. Others may not, and do not, agree.
|

Experienced User
if priest say there for choice then, there not true,sorry its my belief,no i know nothing of your faith your right, but its clearly written in scripture, i believe god will forgive anyone who regrets/is sorry for there actions, god is perfect and loves everyone we are all poor sinners! no one is perfect! you dont have to agree, and know one is getting upset, but i know/and im happy with what i bevel as are you
|