Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Abnormal position of hind foot – continuous abnormal stress

Hello,
I am having a severe problem and I am hardly able to walk. Alle medics and physiotherapists have nt found a solutions.

Maybe somebody here in the forum could help me.

For around two years I am hardly touching the ground with my heel of my right hind foot while walking and during the stand. Therefore the load (stress) of my sole moves to the fore foot, in particular to the ball of my big toe and an lateral edge of my right foot. Meanwhile this situation has increased and causes alraedy severe pain in my knees and my hip.

The (direkt) reason for this problem ist not clear. My physiotherapists and my self believe that my right hind foot (in particular the calcaneus) turns more and more to the left (medial).

For being able to touch the ground with my hind foot while walking I have to turn my whole foot outward (outward rotation). In an outward rotation position it is easier to perform a pronation position than in a normal (straight) foot position. Without pronation position I would not be able to touch the ground with my right hind foot properly.

In 2003 I had a lift of my right outer ligaments at the upper ankle joint (after a rupture of this ligaments). Moreover, in 2006 an outgrowth on my talus was removed (resected). The scar from the removal operation (2006) is on the medial (left) side of my right ankle: at the position were my hind foot probably moves in together and turns to the left.
The scar from 2003 on the lateral (right) side of my ankle.

Some of my phsysiotherapists have recommended to me to (counter) stretch intensively. They believe that many pronation position could bring back my hind foot to its normal (straight) position. I have been doing this for 2 months, but by now I havent seen any postive effect.

The problem is that it is increasingly becoming worse every day.

I would be more than happy to get any information from you.

Tanks

Bert
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Bert,

Please go see a foot doctor.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Bert3000...Have you see a qualified Orthopedist on this?...This is where the problems are coming from..It could be hip action, knee problems or even the way that you are using your back...Once the body gets into a routine of babying one part over the other it is difficult to change...IMO, you have to start with an Orthopedist to find out the why's on this...With the knee and hip pain, I believe that this is already affecting your back...which again may be the focal point of all these problems...Take care...

Caroline
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....