I just had my ultrasound on December 30/08. The tehnician said that the head of the baby was abnormally large for 16 wks and the spine has a bit of a curve near the bum. My husband's sister had a severe case of spina bifida and died at the age of 17 yrs (hers was closer to the top of her head, near her neck). The technician seemed more worried about the head then the spine. QUESTION: Should I have a late term abortion based on this information? or should I get more tests done?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
I would try my best to find out as much information as you can, Take as many tests as you can. and they see what the out come is.
hope everything goes well
Sarah
|

replied January 9th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Being a Mother and loving children as I do, my advice to you would be to terminate this pregnancy...The hell that this could cause a marriage plus the quality of life for this child would be enough for me to do this with no regret....I have seen this....I know of this....This is not in my family, but it is close...

I am possibly going to get bombed for saying this, but I would also have to live with myself if I did not say this....I choose the bombing...

I send you all my love and strength through the keyboard..

Caroline
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...