Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
dear doctor my mom has some strange abnormal growth in her skull.kink like bones are apearing. unidentified by doctors. we are not rich enough to approach costly checkups. so please guied me what should i do. i may send pics of her forehead to the doctor who may respond to my this request.
i shall be thankful to you and this forum.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 18th, 2010
I am not a doctor but have read about this kind of problem. A bony prominence can be caused by some type of injury or trauma to the area. Another name for this is osteoma which is a benign bone growth. The injury causes the bone to grow in that area. It's as if the skin and muscle heal normally but then the bone begins to repair itself as well, causing an overgrowth of bone. Has your mother ever hurt her forehead?
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: bone, approach
Quick Reply