Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Abilify Making me Gain Weight Any Advice?

User Profile
I was put on Abilify about a month (a little over) ago and I'm gaining weight. I'm naturally small and have never been overweight so it's making me anxious and watch my food. I'm eating healthy, drinking more water so how am I gaining? I know some meds do this but I've always wondered why. Is there anyway I can avoid this other than switching meds?
I don't look forward to telling my psych because he gets annoyed at everything. Not sure why he's still there. Any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi LiftmeUp....Try counting your calories...Write each and everything that you eat down...Stay within the quota that you should for your weight...Then see if you are gaining weight...Often people think that they are not eating enough to gain weight and they are...They only realize this when they do a "count check" and eat only what they have written...It can be an eye opener...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....