Hello. My psych has me on Welbutrin and Effexor for depression. The Effexor made a huge difference - it was like a second sun came on in the world. The Welbutrin, maybe. But then I told him that sometimes, I just feel like crying for no reason. When I say no reason I mean it - I can't think of anything that is going wrong. The idea of crying actually seems very self-nuturing and protective and appealing. I don't do it, I just feel that sinking into sadness feeling, experience it, and then consciously think generalized sad thoughts, until I get bored with it or have to think of something else. Maybe I'm just practicing feeling.

Anyway, he put me on Abilify. So I read that it could cause weight gain. I was not best pleased with that. But I went on it.

By the end of the week I was sooo irritable. I mean everything everyone around me did pissed me off. I felt horrible for being so snappish and tired at having to repress it when I just wanted to rip things apart or otherwise bash them about or in.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I've stopped taking it; I don't want to jeopardize my frienships and marriage by being a complete , or to bite my tongue until it bleeds. I noticed a more calm world view a day after stopping, but the floating occasional sadness is back.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
Yeah, my daughter went violent and stopped sleeping on abilify (10mg) - also rode off her car in a manic accident during this time. The psych doctor said she needed to double the dosage. They said the increased dosage really calmed her down. In reality, she returned to normal because she stopped the abilify altogether (took a couple of weeks though.)
|

replied November 13th, 2011
Are there more testimonials like this so i can show it to my exgirlfriend to proove how different she was after using ABILIFY?
|

replied November 13th, 2011
Are there more testimonials like this so i can show it to my exgirlfriend to proove how different she was after using ABILIFY?
She was(even after abilify she still is very nice person) nicest person i've met but she changed alot in a mean way.Gets angry quicker,hiper and so insensitive about things she was before.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....