Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

abdomonen pain from kidney stone?

User Profile
hi, i was havng pain on the right side of my abdomonen, close to the rib cage..if i poke and rub it feels better. The pain sometimes goes to my lower back. I went to the docs and he took an xray..they found a 3mm stone. Is the pain from the stone travelling to the front? Also i told my doc about my family all having Gallstones removed..thats why he sent me for the xray..INSTEAD they found a kidney stone...which side is the GALLBLADDER? can any of these cause acid reflux too?

THANKS sorry for all the questions i am just FEd up..i feel like i am breaking down with age..i am 42! Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MandMs
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The symptoms you have are suggestive for gallbladder disease, but, it is well known that kidney stones can mimic a gallbladder attack.
Typical abdominal pain due to moving kidney stone is sudden sharp pain that starts in the back near the ribs and moves down toward the groin.
Typical pain due to gallbladder disease is pain stating in your upper middle or upper right abdomen and shifting to your should, back, or/and below the shoulder blade.
Acid reflux isn't connected to gall bladder stones, they just produce similar symptoms.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2012
Thanks hunni, yep it was gallstones actually one only!! i had the op of removing the whole gall bladder. Key hole, but the next day i was in so much pain i couldnt stand up straight..its been 3 years, and i sometimes get twinging pain where the gall bladder was....all ok now...Smile
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....