Hey guys,
So over the last few years I have had constant pain just below the v in your chest, with other symptoms as well.
I have had many blood tests and an ultrasound, as well as a barium liquid test.

Recently as of this week I have had some horrible pains. I was having sharp pains in my lower abdomen and having to use the washroom 5-10 times a day. But what made me feel the worst (and the most worried) was an inch or 2 below the v in my chest and a few inches above my belly button, was a burning, gnawing disgusting feeling (not sure how to explain it) that also made me feel nauseous. That lasted a couple days, disappeared for 1 day (i still felt horrible but better) and returned again this morning Sad

I also usually get a pain in the upper right under my ribs that feels quite similar and makes me feel gagish. That pain I have everyday but the one in the middle of my abdomen I have had before ( I use to get on occasion as well as every time after I drank I would get this gross feeling as well, but I never had it this often.)

Anyone have any ideas or tips?

I also have bad anxiety and am unable to leave the house as I feel so terrible.
in case it matters, my upper back is always sore as well and it seems as though on the right side I have one area near to the spine at the top that is quite tender.

would be greatly appreciated Smile thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2013
Experienced User
Do remember which blood test you gotten or remember what those test were for? Also, does the pain worsen when you have empty stomach or just have recently eaten? Any changes to the bowel movements such as colour and or smell? Do you have any problems with heartburn? Any difficulty breathing?

Also, you might want to see a psychologist as well. I am not saying your symptoms aren't real. All I am saying it evident that you are letting this take control of your life which could be making the problem worse.
|

Hey,
I do not remember what the blood tests were for but I have attempted cutting out gluten from my diet as well as most dairy.

usually worse after i have eaten, but bad on both empty or full.

besides the few days where ill have a bunch of bowel movement 5-10 times a day, not much is different (consistency wise) color wise it seems to usually be lighter or kinda off colored.

ive been on medication before for acid/heartburn, didn't seem to help.

have seen a psychiatrist (not for a while) and was on anti depressants until last week for my anxiety (but had to stop as they made me very sick for a month)

I do breathe quite shallow, I believe its my anxiety (as sometimes it gets so bad I have to breath into a paper bag)

they are taking control of my life I do agree 100% Razz
|

Experienced User
While I would suggest continue seeing a psychiatrist because it often a long period before anxiety is really dealt with.

Do you take any NSAID's (pretty much any anti-inflammatory drug) like advil, motrin, aleve? you might want to check out the NSAID list as there are a lot drugs that can be a labelled a NSAID.

While I don't it is likely but I want to ensure this isn't an ulcer. Which should have been diagnosed by an endoscopy but who knows.
|

I believe one of the tests said i did not have an ulcer, although i never had an endoscopy.
I will eventually go back to a psychiatrist once I can leave my house ( start to freak out and panic whenever I do)
|

Experienced User
The barium test should have been the one to diagnosis it and it is the one that I meant to put above but had endoscopy stuck my head my apologies. However, I am just being a little cautious despite that. Which is why I want to be sure the symptoms were not being caused by NSAID's.

Now back to this stool colour would you say it light brown colour or more to a kinda greyish colour?

Also, why do you feel as if you can't leave your house?
|

They have not been cause by any NSAIDs as far as I know
stool color varies - light brown - darker green - greyish - I would get very sick (nausea, hyperventilate, numb) whenever I left my house for 3 months, kept getting worse and more frequent, eventually I just stopped
|

Experienced User
I see that must be very frustrating to not be able leave. Have you told anyone about your anxiety? and I mean personally and aside from your psychiatrist and doctor.

Also, do you remember what your ultrasound was looking for I am guessing your gallbladder? Sorry I am kinda just working my way along the digestive tract. Pain in the abdomen area can be pretty hard to figure out. Another thing do you suffer from incomplete evacuations?

Lastly, do you exercise or anything like that? I realize you said you don't like leaving the house but could exercise inside your house like jog the inside of it when no one is home?
|

Yes my friends and family know of my anxiety and everything

Not sure they just looked all over

I do exercises as long as I feel decent enough that day
|

replied September 21st, 2013
Experienced User
Aside from a gallstone which should have been found out by a ultrasound I can only really think of IBS which is diagnosis that I don't really like in general.

However, as for the anxiety part I think you need to work on some exposure therapy like you know go for a walk to the end of your street and then back. Then gradually increase you distance from your house. Perhaps if it will make you feel more comfortable take a friend or family along. After you have accomplished something like this or really any situation that makes you uncomfortable congratulate yourself for doing a good job. I know you can do it.

Best of luck.
|

replied September 21st, 2013
Yeah we were thinking it may be ibs as the pain is a dull ache/gassy/pressure/nauseous thing in the middle of my abdomen and radiates around my stomach (from upper right-middle-left and later lower abdomen) plus I just feel gross all day and use the washroom quite frequently. I'm now staying away from lactose/gluten and trying not to take any over the counter things that may irritate my stomach, although each time I eat it gets worse, but if I don't eat I feel horrible too
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...