Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

abdominal pain that feels like a tear inside?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
"I have a pain in my right abdomen that feels like a tear inside." It does not feel like it is food related. Nothing I eat seems to bother it at all. When I move to get up or walk around I feel a stretching pain. I had a gastric bypass in 11/2000, but my incision is on the other side and up higher. Do you have any idea what this pain could be?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2011
Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

The symptoms suggested do not appear to be due to GERD or gastritis.

The pain could be due to musculoskeletal reasons.

You might undergo an examination by a doctor at the earliest, for proper diagnosis and treatment of the underlying conditions.

I hope this help

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.