User Profile
Hello,
I'm in my mid 30's and began experiencing abdominal pain on my upper right abdomen right below the rib cage for 3-4 months now. I first got checked by a gastro physician after a few weeks of pain, and the they took blood and did ultrasound. They stated nothing looks out of norm and gave me gastro meds. I took some and it didn't help, so I stopped. A little over a month later I began to worry since the pain never left. I went to see a primary physician. They took urine, blood, and another MRI. Urine came back with a little infection perhaps from urinary retention, blood along with std check was fine since there was urine infection, and mri came back fine but they mentioned they were a little darker colored. They told me to try changing my diet perhaps it may be fatty liver. I do occasionally drink and smoke cigarettes when I drink, but have limited that since this happened. However, I do vape daily. Any help or advise would be most appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2019
Abdominal Pain Answer A65102
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Your workup is clear except for slight UTI. Treatment for that is easy and manageable. Stay hydrated, use antispasmodics for abdominal pain. Use fiber diet, fresh fruits and vegetables. Hope for the best. Visit our IBS health center for further information.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.