User Profile
Every time I eat hot stuff I get very bad diarrhea and stomach pains. Many people have told me I may have a stomach ulcer (of course Ive never consulted with a doctor). I was wondering what the symptoms are and if it could have anything to do with my inability to form a 6-pack?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2013
Abdominal Pain Answer A44171
Welcome to e health forum.

From the description of your symptoms, it seems that you may be having Irritable bowel syndrome, which is being precipitated when you eat spicy, hot food.

Irritable bowel syndrome IBS, is a functional disorder characterized by cramping abdominal pain or discomfort with alterations in bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and / or diarrhea).

IBS does not cause any permanent damage or any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress affecting an individuals work, ability to travel and attend social events.

Most symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications (laxatives, antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, or antidepressants).

In case you still have abdominal cramps, you can try to seek relief with over the counter medications like peptobismol. If they do not help, you may need prescription medications (Antispamodic agents) to relieve your pain, which your doctor can provide for you.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.