I was diagnosed with mono in February 2010 and very sick for about 3 weeks. My liver enzymes were extremely high and have since come back into the normal range. I was also hospitalized in February for dehydration. I am now feeling a lot better for the most part. However, recently I have had abdominal pain. It is not sharp, but more of a very uncomfortable feeling. For the most part it is on the upper right side. Is this common and how long will this last? Also, any suggestions about how to deal with it.. ibuprofen doesn''t seem to help. I also have headaches and feel slightly feverish along with fatigue.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2010
Experienced User
Sounds like your pain is probably mono related. But it's always a good idea to get a follow up with your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on. Mono symptoms can take awhile to resolve completely. Most of the weird symptoms that accompany mono and recovery go away once your better. But it's not unheard of for new symptoms to pop up.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....