Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

abdominal pain above bladder Should we have urine test?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
Dear Doctor,

My wife is 27 year old, she had miscarriage in last December, but she recovered, from the last month she has abdominal pain above bladder, she feels like a wound which pain for few minutes.

please advise.

Should we have urine test for any infection diagnose?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2011
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A27561
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on her symptoms without examining her. If the symptoms have been persistent, she should consider visiting her doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to rule out infective causes (urinary or vaginal), cervical abnormalities, uterine fibroids etc. Wait and watch for her next periods. If pregnancy is suspected, consider getting thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately).
If pregnancy gets ruled out (and if you are not ready for pregnancy), and if you intend to remain sexually active, consider getting her started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after her periods). She should be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.