Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Abdominal mass and possible tumor

User Profile
I went back to the health dept and they said it was out of their hands. That I would have to seek help elsewhere. My stomach continues to swell. I look 8 mos pregnant. I have urinary incontinance and a lot of bloating and gas. I have no insurance and I'm not sure who to turn to. Any suggestions? I am in Hollywood Florida.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2008
Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Answer A3870
A mass in the lower right stomach is generally considered to be a tumor. Several diagnostic procedures are required to identify the tumor’s origin and nature:
1. Clinical examination: inspection and palpation;
2. Standard blood analyses: blood count, hemoglobin, sedimentation rate, CRP, liver status, urea, creatinin…
3. Tumor markers: Ca125, CEA, AFP…
4. Gynecological examination;
5. PAP-test;
6. Ultrasound scan of the abdomen;
7. CT/MRI scan of the abdomen;
8. Laparoscopy

In many cases, definite diagnosis can be established only after an histological examination of the surgically removed tumor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.