Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Abdominal fluid and complex cysts

User Profile
Do I have Ovaryan cancer worried :/ please help? 51 yr still getting periods. I have been experiencing Vaginal bleeding on an off until I was put on birth control 7 months ago. I went to see an OBGYN. She noticed I have abdominal fluid and have 2 complex cyst on each side. The left side cyst was burning and felt a stabbing pain. She order a CA-125 and a Vaginal Ultra sound. Both came back negative. She put me on birth control to reduce the left side cyst. Birth control helped w/ Vaginal bleeding & blood clots pouring out. Nearly a Month ahi 1/15/18 I went back to the ER the vaginal bleeding came back and sharp stabbing pain is now on the right side. The ONGYN checked my pelvic and did an ultra vaginal exam checked blood. He said it was normal. He took me off the birth control pill other OBGYN had giving me. He put me on Norethindrone Acetate 5mg and said this is better for what I had bc the birth control wasn’t stopping the bleeding. My Grandmother Mom’s side died at 46 from Ovarian.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2018
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A63113
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Do not worry so much.Definitely you have some problem relating to your peri-menopausal status but it is not ovarian cancer.Ovarian cancer do not get manifested as abnormal bleeding pattern.The ultrasound as well as blood investigations do not show any trace of something related to ovarian cancer.But definitely you have some form of abnormal bleeding pattern. You can have birth control pill or Norethindrone as a remedial measures.But I suggest for an endometrial biopsy also considering your age. Consult with your doctors about it.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.