Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

abdomen has gotten worse and I am bleeding extremely heavily

User Profile
Hi I'm new to this so not sure if I'm posting in the right section so apologies in advance.

I could really do with some advice as I'm getting pretty nervous now. I have been having lower left abdominal pain for about two months now..it is a sharp twinging pain just to the right of my left hip bone. I will explain a few things as not sure what symptoms and events are relevant but want to try and mention as much as i can. I recently gave birth to my second child about four months ago and the pain startes about two months after I had her. The pain is there everyday on and off. It's worse at the end of the day and after walking or standing too long. It's more noticeable when lying down and I occasionally get a similar twinge in my lower right abdomen. I have been tested for STIs and nothing came back other than thrush which I took an antibiotic for a few days ago. I've now been referred to see someone about getting a colonoscopy to see if its to do with my bowels as since having my first child I've had chronic constipation and often get mucus in my stool. I thought that might be the problem but then yesterday I got my second period since giving birth...first was five weeks after and not had one since until yesterday...the pain in my lower abdomen has gotten worse and I am bleeding extremely heavily. This makes me think the pain is something to do with my reproductive organs.
I'm getting extremely worried and scares about what the problem could be and want to know what other people think it sounds like as I have no idea what to do and what to ask the Gp.. they're suggesting colonoscopy but if its a problem with something else and this takws too long I'm worried whatever it is will get worse and if it's something like cysts or cancer I obviously want to discover this asap but the NHS take a long time to do anything. Sorry for the huge essay wasn't sure how to shorten it. Really hope someone can shed some like.
Thankyou in advance for reading this.
Kelly

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2014
Abdominal Pain Answer A49520
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Your concern is regarding the lower left abdominal pain that you are having. The various possibilities which present with such pain in the lower left abdomen are diverticulitis, Crohn’s disease, bowel obstruction, ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease,irritable bowel syndrome , kidney obstruction or pyelonephritis and adhesion formation in case of C section.

You should get an ultrasound abdomen and CT scan abdomen done to confirm the cause. If it comes out clear then a colonoscopy should be done to rule out the intestinal causes of such an abdominal pain.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.