my 13 yr old daughter has been struggling with persistent left sided abdominal pain since October. Her primary Dr put her on Pepcid and ordered a CT which came back normal. Got a GI referral to a children's hospital in St Louis. They did a EGD which was completely normal. They tested for H. pylori and celiac which were both negative. Her abdomen is tender to the touch and when she eats she becomes very nauseous. There are times when she feels okay and in an instant feels terrible. Shes tired and lethargic most of the time. Also has bouts of dizziness/light headed. No change in bowl habits and goes regularly. Monthly cycles are consistent and normal as well. The GI doctor is not very helpful and I'm growing worried and concerned for her health.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2019
Hello,

Since your daughter has already undergone big tests like CT and EGD, and the results were normal, it's a good news from that side. But, I doubt that it might be an infection which a general physician may detect. Please try this side of the coin too.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...