Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

A 21year old that has a problem with brain development

hello, my name is Rahman. i have someone who is about 21 year old, she is dumb and she has a problem with the development of the brain due to a test that was carried out on her some months ago. she still behaves like a baby. she does things like pooing on her self and urinating on herself, sh also cannot handle her monthly flow of blood. please what is the best thing to do to help such a person?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2017
What type of "test" would cause such a thing to happen? Since you're blaming this test on what's happening I would reach out to the people who administered it first.

Second, if this condition isn't reversible, this is the type of person who will require round the clock assistance and if that is not something you believe you could do, either get an agency in who can, or send her away to a facility to assist with mental health. Not sure what is available in your area. Has she always been like this? She will require constant unconditional care.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.She needs complete neurological assessment to assess and grade her disability and correlate it with the etiology and then proceed accordingly. Physiotherapy and supportive care would help.

Take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.