Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

a widow ,my husband past away about 16 months ago

User Profile
im a widow my husband past away about 16 months ago,its hard but littke by little i moved im seeing this guy,the first few months was great,now he need to wok in the other states now im feeling so lonely and scared.i cried almost every time i will be alone..whats wrong with me?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2011
Depression Answer A25781
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms could be early signs of depression as you are getting out of one tragedy and seeking consolation and companionship. Do not worry, things move on for good. Visit your doctor/psychologist for getting an evaluation and counseling done to help you cope up with the situation and deal with your life ahead. Keep yourself busy with activities of interest, exercises, walks, talking to friends and relatives etc. Practice relaxation techniques.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.