Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

a week later i discovered a rash near my anus.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
My boyfriend and I had sex and a week later i discovered a rash near my anus. The rash stings when any liquid is in contact with it. Could you tell me why and how can I fix the problem.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2012
Sexual Health - Women Answer A39897
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the rash that you describe without examining it. If it has appeared after sexual contact, infective or allergic causes are possible. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.