Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

a small pea sized lump under my skin?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have a small pea sized lump under my skin a little above my vagina which is hard and non-movable. I have no irritation on the skin. It cannot be seen but only felt. I am scared as my mother got detected with breast cancer a year back.
I Do not know whether these symptoms are relate but still thought id mention: i have itching in my anus after i crap. It also pains at a particular point when i have constipation.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2011
Skin Answer A28046

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. From your symptoms, it looks like a Bartholin's abscess or cyst. There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands. These can become painful and swollen, and an abscess can form. This often causes blockage in the main duct from the gland, and a cyst develops. This is felt as a painless, hard swelling.

Other possibilities are sebaceous cyst, lipoma ,fibroma or viral warts. You should get a gynecologist’s examination done. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.