Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

a small, hard, painless and immobile lump on my neck?

User Profile
I recently found a small, hard, painless and immobile lump on the back of my neck roughly starting by the hairline. Need I be concerned?
I have also had unexplained weight gain which began at my stomach and spread from there-are he two related at all?
I take warfarin for dvt's and have emphysema and bronchiestasis too. Please help, I'm rather concerned.
I don't know if these are connected but felt that you may be able to give me clearer guidance if you were of all my current health issues.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2011
Gland Disorders Answer A26436
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you have been put on steroid doses to control the emphysema and bronchiectasis symptoms along with other medications, then the weight gain can be attributed to the medication use. The lymph node at the neck could be elated to your illness. Since it is immobile and hard in consistency, I would recommend you to get it examined by your treating doctor/pulmonologist at your next appointment or follow-up visit (whichever is earliest). If needed and FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) study can be done on the lymph node to look at the cells in it. Further treatment measures would be directed based on the examination and investigation results. Drink plenty of water. Avoid unnecessary self-manipulation of the lymph node swelling.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.