Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

a skin color change (in patches)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Over the past 2 weeks I've noticed a skin color change (in patches) on my penis but only in select areas and appears to be spreading very slowly. The Color is more pale compared to the darker normal shaft Color.. Nothing hurts or burns. Could this be from masterbation? Or is this a form of std? I can email a photo for a better description. I am 24. Very nervous about this. I'm seeing a doctor, but sadly not until next week due to availability.
These are not bumps. I can also feel a difference In thickness between the normal skin and the new skin Color

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2012
Penis Answer A38041

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. From the description, it seems like you’ve got lichen sclerosis. This appears as white plaques on the glans, foreskin or shaft of the penis. It usually has no symptoms, although burning and irritation have been reported. However, this ailment is not infectious. Sometimes, urologists recommend doing a circumcision in case the symptoms are very severe. However, I’ll suggest consulting a dermatologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Penis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.