Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

a severe dazed, numb, loopy feeling in my head.

Hi everyone.

I'm a 48 year old male. Ex-alcoholic (drank heavily for 2 years but then quit 2 years ago), anxiety/OCD/Depression/GERD/Gastritis/AD%u 2026 attack sufferer and have allergies along with sinusitis and allergic rhinitis. Currently I'm taking Ativan and Atenolol. Sorry, not sure what other history I can provide.

about 2 months ago I went through an intense (and non-stop) period of stress in my life. It was absolutely brutish with one bad thing after another occurring in my life. Sometimes the bad things would even overlap and I often felt like I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown at any moment.

Everything got worked out eventually (much to my releif) and I soon enjoyed a period of peace and was able to get on with my life, enjoy myself and start getting some things done.

This peaceful period lasted about a week and a half until I suddenly developed several large and very painful canker sores on the inside of my mouth. Along with these canker sores, came extreme fatigue and a severe dazed, numb, loopy feeling in my head. My eyes felt buggy too and I just really felt strange and uncomfortable overall.

Once the canker sores healed, the weird feelings seemed to go away and I had another short period where I felt normal again.

Then I started to feel like I could never catch my breath or get a "full" breath, had a bout of severe depression, lots of anxiety (which I have not had in ages), buggy/un-focused eyesight, dizzy/light-headed and once again my brain felt like it had been pickled in brine. Just a really severe dazed, numb, out-of-it, fuzzy, spacey, foggy feeling. Focusing on anything (ie; the TV, an object) became difficult.

I would noticed that during and after excersise (walking for about 20 minutes) would especially trigger all of these symptoms. I've had mild to moderate pain in my right thigh for the past year so my first thought was that I was suffering from DVT and perhaps during excersise a blood clot had come lose, traveled to my brain and caused some of these symptoms due to oxygen deprivation but I don't know.

Has anyone else here every experienced these symptoms or know what I'm talking about?. I've been taking my temp and BP and it's always normal. Not sure what else to say. Sorry this is so long and thank you for listening.

- jumpingjax
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2013
Hi I have the same symptoms as you do you still suffer from them? I have had them for over 2 years now.
|

replied January 2nd, 2013
it sounds like to me that you are holding your breath without realizing it. this has happened to me a few time in the last couple weeks. its all anxiety!!! breathe in thru your nose and blow it out thru your mouth and you MUST focus on one object to stop the spins. like i said in previous posts antivert tablets and zanax WORKS. good luck
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...