Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

a recurring blister that forms on the hood of my clitoris?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Hello, I have a recurring blister that forms on the hood of my clitoris every few months normally when my menstrual is about to began. before the sore appears I know it is coming because my labia majora becomes sore, and the inside of my vagina becomes red and irritated, almost a raw feeling along with a musky odor. What could this be? What is the cause? and how can i get rid of it for good?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A25300
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Changes that occur in hormonal levels close to period times can lead to changes in vaginal secretions making it susceptible to infections. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination and vaginal swab/smear test done to identify the causative agent. Get started on appropriate treatment as indicated. Drink plenty of water. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. Since you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection and avoid having unprotected intercourse while both of you are on treatment course.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.